Every year, Princess May teach their pupils about the importance of Staying Safe Online.
- Talk to your child about their use if the internet! Be part of what they are doing…
- Make sure you know what devices in your home connect to the internet and how.
- Set boundaries! Be clear about how long they can be online and what they can do online.
- Keep all equipment that connects to the internet in a family space.
- Don’t forget though: Encourage your child to go online and explore! There is a wealth of age-appropriate sites online for your children. Encourage them to use sites which are fun, educational and that will help them to develop online skills.
- Try the ‘Think You Know’ Website (part of CEOP) which has great age-appropriate resources and activities for children and advice for parents and teachers
- Don’t let them lie about their age, most social media sites (such as Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat) are not for children under 13. There is more guidance here
- If you or your child has concerns about something that has happened online, remember that you can report this to the police at the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP)