Values & Ethos
Our Vision and Ethos:
At Princess May Primary School, we believe learning is a lifelong process. Learning is defined as an alteration in long-term memory. If nothing has altered in long-term memory, then nothing has been learned. The curriculum is the progression model. We have a firm belief that knowledge is transferable, and thus have devised key concepts that underpin our curriculum. The key vocabulary and knowledge learned across our curriculum facilitates comprehension and promotes our love of reading. Our curriculum develops pupils’ knowledge, skills and abilities to apply what they know and can do with increasing fluency and independence. We have ensured that our curriculum has scope, coherence, sequencing and rigour. Overall, our curriculum gives the knowledge and cultural capital pupils need to succeed in life, underpinned by our school values of Respect, Responsibility, Determination, Aspiration and Empathy.
Our Commitment to Staff:
- Foster and develop the highest standards of teaching through high quality professional development
- Nurture and secure leadership talent to lead the future
- Recognise and reward the commitment of all staff
- Create and maintain a mutually supportive, collaborative and caring environment for all
- Establish well-being and health as essential contributions to effectiveness at work.